Monday, October 31, 2011

This Is Halloween

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see something strange?

Come with us and you will see
This, our town of Halloween

This is Halloween, this is Halloween
Pumpkins scream in the dead of night

This is Halloween, everybody make a scene
Trick or treat till the neighbors gonna die of fright

It's our town, everybody scream
In this town of Halloween

(From The Nightmare Before Christmas)

For her first real Halloween Abigail seemed to do pretty good. Granted, Joanna carried her the whole way but it wasn't too far. I pushed the stroller just in case Joanna got tired, but she wanted to take Abigail to each and every home.  To my knowledge she didn't even cry at any of the scary decorations and there were plenty of those. Which is very good.

The annual holiday is to remind children that at least once a year it's alright to beg. And if I said that already somewhere else on this blog, too bad because it's an important lesson. A lesson you really shouldn't teach. I suppose that's why parents teach their children to say thank you instead of just taking candy and leaving. Of course there are plenty of those kinds of kids too.

There's a lesson in all of this somewhere but I'm not really sure what it is. Maybe it's just that kids need one day a year other than their birthday to get jacked up on sugar and wreak havoc on their parents, neighbors and teachers.

And so ends another month of blogs. Though it isn't the end for the year by a longshot. As you can see I'm dangerously close to 200 blog posts, so we're just getting started.


Until next time.

No comments: