Friday, October 28, 2011

Movie Night

I wish I could enjoy a movie at the theater once again.  It's not that it's been a long time since I saw a movie at the theater - I saw Captain America earlier this summer - and then before that, we saw Harry Potter in the theater also.  The problem is that because of Abby, it's hard for us to get to a movie.  Not that it's a bad thing, but we used to go to the movies a lot.  Of course, since those days were before the blog, you'll just have to take my word that I did see some good movies.  And there are still good movies yet to come.

One that I'm curious about is Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol.  Sure, it's starring the crazy Tom Cruise, but I liked two of the other Mission Impossible movies, so it's possible that I'll actually like this one.  Who knows, but I'm willing to give it a chance, at least.

Another movie that I really want to see won't come out until the beginning of the year.  It's The Lorax.  Now, The Lorax is one of my favorite of the Dr. Seuss stories and it is that book that prompted me to look closer at other Dr. Seuss stories to find other messages hidden in the stories.  Not every Dr. Seuss story has the hidden messages, but there are plenty of stories that have messages hiding in plain sight.

Of course, the biggest movie of the Fall (for me) is going to be The Muppets.  I've been a fan of the Muppets for as long as I can remember.  I don't really know why.  They're silly and dumb and their jokes are silly and dumb but they just get funnier.  I know you've seen a lot of the trailers and that you might think that all of the funny parts in just in the trailer, but I have a feeling that the movie is going to be just as funny as the trailers have been.  That's my opinion, naturally, but as a fan, I have a job to simply suggest it's going to be good.

As for other movies, such as the Sherlock Holmes sequel, I'm not exactly sure if that's on my list.  I didn't see the first one, so I don't know if I want to see the first and then the sequel.  I'm also unsure of the Tin Tin movie, which, from my understanding, is a variation of Indiana Jones, except animated.  Who knows?

I've got a lot of time to decide which movies I would like to see and hope for the best that we might be able to get to a movie theater.  Here's hoping, anyway.



Until tomorrow.

No comments: