I've just started yet another story and hope that I can write enough to actually have an idea of where to go with it. The problem is that the story came from a dream and even though I managed to write down a lot of notes as soon as I woke up, I still have found that I am missing some information.
It's weird, really. When I get ideas from my dreams, it seems like the stories will just write themselves and then I get to a computer and I simply stare at the screen, waiting for the dream to reenact itself for me in words instead of images. Nothing. This is the usual ending to me trying to write my dreams down.
However, since I got the iPhone last year, I have tried to quickly write notes down on the phone as soon as I wake up - that way they are still semi fresh in my mind. Of course, this doesn't always work when the cool dream was sometime in the middle of the night and the mediocre or non-worthy dream was the most recent and therefore the one I recall the most.
So what's the solution? Do I keep writing random things (like I've been doing on this blog)? Do I try to remember my dreams more vividly and therefore get more detail and hope to string together all of the notes in order to form a story? Is that even possible? Do I simply avoid trying to write about my dreams and move on to other aspects of my life to pull inspiration from? That's a thought as there is a story that has been hiding for some time and I might be able to muster up some assistance from outside sources.
Whatever I end up doing, at least it will still be writing. I have to write. If you look over there (to the left) where my Tweets are, you'll see that I have reasons to write. They are all true.
Until tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment