Saturday, October 1, 2011

Here We Go Again

Let's see.  If I just start typing, magically words appear on the screen.  But what was I going to write about?  I'm sure there was a reason to me dusting off the keyboard and opening the blog.  Hmmmm.....I wonder what it was?  Well, since I can't think of what exactly it was at the moment, I'll just go with my gut (and more than likely discover what I was going to write abut anyway).

I guess one of the things to mention is where I have been.  I've been right here.  Haven't you seen me?  I mean, I go to work, I come home, I eat dinner, I watch television and then I go to bed.  How could you have missed all of that?  Not sure?  Maybe you haven't been paying enough attention.  Work on that, please, especially now since its October! 

Yes, kids, October.  That lovely time of year that the weather changes from hot to mildly warm and the leaves all fall off the trees and mess up the lawn.  It's also almost time for the Autumnal Equinox (try saying that five times fast) and Halloween.  But there's something else that's great about October.  Any guesses?

Wait for it........

Not quick enough.  For those of you that missed the answer, it was, "it's another thirty one blog posts in thirty one days".  That's right.  For the next thirty one days I will be blogging.  I've had almost a month of vacation from this blog so I should have at least a few stories to tell.  And if I don't, I'll just make something up - much like I'm doing with this blog at the moment. 

However, since this is the first blog post of the month, I should also mention that happily, my Arizona Diamondbacks have won the NL West and are on their way toward losing their chance at the World Series.  I say this in all fairness to my baseball team, but (at least on paper), the Milwaukee Brewers are a much better baseball team.  However, I have faith in the DBacks that they will try with all of their might and hopefully they will fulfill my dream of a DBacks / Yankees World Series as a wonderful tribute to not only 9/11, but to the 10th Anniversary of the Diamondbacks winning against a much better Yankees team.

So here we go.  Buckle up and grab the "oh my God" handles.  I'm in the driver's seat and I'm not going to slow down until All Hallows Eve.



Until tomorrow.

No comments: