Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Party Hangover

Is there such a thing?

Yesterday (as noted in the previous post), we had a birthday party for Grandma Grace and Abigail.  It was a wonderful time with good food and good presents.  Naturally, since it was her party, Abby decided that she was going to take a nap for half of it (she missed opening her gifts, though we told her what she got later).  She did manage to have a little bit of cake and ice cream, though - she loves ice cream.

Now to the party hangover.  As hosts of the party, Joanna and I were up and about during most of the party making sure that people had everything that they wanted, needed, didn't know they wanted or needed or simply and asking because that's what hosts do at a party.

When the party was almost over, I still had to clean dishes.  The dishwasher was full, so I rearranged some items and fit a few more pieces in and set them to wash while I cleaned the rest of the dishes.  Who knew that we even had this much silverware that it would require two times in the dishwasher?  Plus, glasses.  I  knew we had a lot, but, wow.  I filled the entire top rack and still needed more room for glasses and didn't have any.  Oh well.  I guess I'll just have to do those later.

Anyway . . . there were a lot of dishes.  And I was on my feet a lot and holding Abby at different points during the day.  Add that all up and both Joanna and I were tired.  So tired, that we didn't wake up until close to seven.  And even after that, we sort of were lazy until about noon. 

This is all attributed to the Party Hangover.  The tiredness that comes from having hosted a day long event for some reason or another.  It also means that children will have to fend for themselves, unless, like our child, she can't.  It sure is a bummer that Abby can't make her own meals or dress herself and manage to fall asleep on her own.

Of course, when you have the Party Hangover, it's probably not a wise idea to go to Disneyland in the afternoon.  Yes, we went to Disneyland and we had a great time.  Granted, we are now exhausted and wanting to fall asleep, but someone is still awake.  Too bad we can't just leave her on her own and tell her to shut the television off when she was finished.  Oh well.

Off to bed now.  At least I still made the cut for the day.  Tomorrow's a new day and there's need for a new topic.  I'll think of one in the morning when my brain isn't concentrating on REM sleep.



Until tomorrow.

No comments: