I've noticed something. Something that has been a problem recently. What is it, you might ask? Simple. If you haven't noticed, let me explain.
After each of the 31 blogs in 31 days, you'll notice that I disappear. Sometimes it's for the entire month and sometimes I manage to get a post in just before the end of the following month. What's wrong with me? Am I that drained from writing one post per day that I can't write for several days, if not weeks afterward? Is my brain tired of coming up with ideas every night to talk about the next day? Is it something else entirely?
None of the above.
I think I just like the fact that I don't have to write something and choose not to. The problem with this thinking is that it defeats the purpose of me being a writer. The whole point in being paid to write is that you constantly write. If I were a paid writer, I would have to work at writing at least eight hours a day. This could be mind boggling if you don't think ahead a little, but even worse if you don't.
And so, I'm going to try to keep blogging every few days from now on. Maybe I'll be good at it and maybe I won't, but at least I'll keep writing. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to one day look back and realize that I was a good writer and just got better once I started getting paid to write.
Until next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment