Tonight, we took a quick trip to the pumpkin patch near our house. We weren't planning on purchasing a pumpkin as we like to do that anyplace else because the patch is just so darn expensive. For the same price as one large pumpkin, we could pay for two at the grocery store or even Home Depot. So what were we doing at the pumpkin patch?
Simple. Last year, right around this time, Abby was just a few weeks old and we took her to the pumpkin patch. The pictures from then weren't that bad but they weren't that great either. I mean, she was tiny and we were very tired. This year, we're still tired, but she's anything but tiny. Not that she's huge, either, she's just normal size.
When we got there, it seemed like everyone in Rancho Cucamonga had decided that tonight was going to be the night to go the pumpkin patch. We couldn't even find a place to park (we had been out running errands for a little while before hand) - it was that busy. We parked in the parking lot a little bit away and grabbed Abby and went for a walk.
The place was packed with people buying pumpkins left and right. I'm a little surprised that there were even pumpkins left over with the amount that were being purchased. And yet, the place still seemed full of pumpkins and people. It almost felt like Disneyland on a busy day. That's how many people that seemed to be there.
It's a pumpkin patch, people! What are you all doing there on a Saturday night? I know why they're really there, though. It's FREE. Well, admission is. And the petting zoo. But the jump houses and the slides and the food for the animals and even the food for the people cost money. That's right. Not very free entertainment after all, huh? And yet the place was like Disneyland. Plus they were buying pumpkins. Has the recent economic downtrend not softened people to saving money? Shouldn't they be purchasing smaller pumpkins at the grocery store instead of spending two to three times the amount at a pumpkin patch.
If you, dear reader, are patch goers and buyers, please don't take offense. I have nothing but respect for the people that manage the patches, but I just think that their prices are higher than they should be and they should offer a few more freebies.
Sadly, even without venturing to the patch to purchase an overpriced pumpkin, I still found that I was bothered by the amount of people and the way they were tossing money around for very little. I just wanted to take the pictures. At least we might have gotten a few where she actually smiled.
Until tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment