Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Nothing Good Comes To Mind

Once again I come to the end of another day and I have no topic to really write about.  And yet, I must write something because of my oath at the beginning of the month to write at least one thing every day.  As there are just a few days left in the month, I can't stop now.

So, what shall I write about?  The helicopter circling the house right now at 11PM?  Should I be worried?  Is it looking for someone?  Did it find someone?  Or is it just doing its natural tour of Rancho Cucamonga, letting tourists see the town at night?  Whatever the reason, it actually seems to have flown off since I started writing the sentence, so, oh well.

I could also write about the latest trailer for the G.I. Joe sequel coming later in the summer:



As far as the trailer goes, it looks pretty cool.  A little silly, of course, but then, so was the first movie.  I actually enjoyed the first G.I. Joe film and, more than likely, I'll see this new one later this year and enjoy it as well.  I don't plan on seeing it solely for the actor's ability to shoot a gun or stare at the camera and say stupid things.  Although, I think Jonathan Pryce as the US President - and the Cobra agent, Zartan (you would have had to have seen the last film to really get that) - is a good choice.  Although it is ironic that the US President is played by a Brit.  Nothing against the Brits, but it's just a little funny.

What I do find interesting about this film is that no one from the first movie seems to be in it, save for Jonathan Pryce and Channing Tatum.  Though, based on the trailer, it seems that Channing Tatum's character dies very close to the beginning.  And I'm not calling SPOILER because they say it right there at the beginning.

Whatever.  Like I said, it's not a thinking movie and there will be no reason for me to do any sort of thinking when I do finally see the movie.  Unless it's thinking about how much popcorn I should eat.

How about that?  Nothing to talk about and I still found something to talk about.  I guess that just shows either how desperate I am to write about something in general or the fact that I'm just that good.  I'll go with the former.


Until tomorrow.

No comments: