Friday, October 19, 2012

What A World

Okay, you can admit it, I don't care.  All of you either have an iPad or are jealous of those that do.  Am I right?  I, for one, do not want an iPad and that's because I have an iPhone.  Yes, you can spout all you want about bigger screen size and being able to watch movies and what not, but an iPad is not practical.  It cannot fit into your pocket nor does it work like a phone.  And even the iPad mini which is supposed to be announced next week, will not be a phone.  Therefore, this story that I'm going to talk about is utterly hilarious to me.

It turns out that someone decided to play a cruel trick on Walmart.  This stands to good reason, I'm sure (think sarcasm as you read that).  Someone initially purchased an iPad from Walmart and then returned it.  First off, good for them, but in reality, it turns out that that person actually returned the box and not the iPad.

Here's the story:  CLICK ME (if you dare)

For those of you that don't dare, here's a rundown.  A woman went to Walmart in hopes of purchasing a new iPad for her daughter's birthday.  Once purchased, she went home, wrapped it and waited for said daughter to open what should have been a great gift - something that would have scored points for the mom for at least a year in today's market.  But no.  All the girl got when she opened the iPad box was a set of yellow notepads.  Get it??  iPad - notepad?

Well, the woman went back to Walmart, and as you would read in the article if you bothered, they were reticent to admit that anything was wrong on their end.  It only took the help of a local news station before Walmart actually paid attention to the problem.  Of course, Walmart was able to realize what had happened but have not found the original purchaser as of yet.  I'm sure they're working really hard on it.

This just goes to show you.  No matter what technology you are purchasing, you might want to have a look in the box before you walk out of the store.  At least it would save you from having to come back.



Until tomorrow.

No comments: