Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Another Reason Texting Is Bad For You

News came out last week of a woman in Kodiak, Alaska, that fell off a cliff outside of her home.  The reason she fell off?  She was texting.  And smoking, but that's less of a factor than the texting.  Here's a link to an article that talks about it:

Click Me

It's a funny article about something serious and yet why should it be serious?  There is nothing but funny in this situation.  Even Jay Leno joked about it.  I don't have a clip to embed but I can tell you the joke.  After talking about the situation, he said, "What's scary about this situation is that she has signal up in Kodiak, Alaska!  I walk into my house and my calls drop!  What's up with that?"

The article that is linked above also has a link to a video of a woman falling into a fountain last year because she wasn't paying attention to where she was going.  Granted, I will sometimes look at my phone when I'm out for a walk but I will always look at my surroundings.  I look up to make sure that I'm not going to be run over by a car coming through a driveway or when I cross a street.  However, when crossing a street, I don't look at my phone.  That's danger.

Basically the point is that you need to be more careful when looking at your phone.  Don't do it while driving.  Don't do it while walking and certainly don't do it when you are just a few feet from a cliff.


Until tomorrow.

No comments: