Today I upgraded my phone to an iPhone 4S. If you recall from a blog post way back when, I bought an iPhone 3GS so that I could jump on the bandwagon, so to speak. Well, now that the hype from the iPhone 5 has died down and everyone can't stand Apple's Maps App (wow, try saying that ten times fast), I figured it was high time to upgrade. The best part, I can keep my 3GS as an iPod Touch and use it when around free WiFi - that means that Joanna can check Facebook and Twitter and the Internet without having to use my phone (unless we're out driving or somewhere that doesn't have WiFi and then it's back to the same old thing).
So far, I've tried Siri to almost full success. There have been a few things that she hasn't been able to access but I chalk that up to poor speech on my part. Siri has played songs from my music list, searched for a drive in theater and even shown me what movies were playing there and even opened an App just so I could check traffic. OOOOOOOOOOHHHH.
Anyways....as I was speaking to the clerk this morning as he helped me, I realized that I have been an AT&T customer for 18 years this month. I remember all those years ago that I bought a cell phone through Cingular Wireless with my phone number. And that phone number has followed me all of these years. At one point, I thought of switching carriers (in the early 2000s) but discovered they would not have been able to keep my number had I done that. And since I didn't feel like telling people my new number, I stayed.
I'm glad I stayed, though, since AT&T was the first to get the iPhone, which really has changed the way people use a phone to access information. And while I can say it has changed my life in some form or other, I do my best to avoid looking at the phone during dinner. I still think that's rude. Granted, I will look at something if a subject comes up that needs an answer but usually I can wait.
Until tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment