Sunday, October 28, 2012

Go Tigers

Okay, if you follow me on Twitter (and I'm not sure why this blog hasn't been showing you my most recent tweets), you will have seen last week that I congratulated the Tigers on winning the World Series as soon as the Giants won their series against the Cardinals.  While I can admit that I was completely wrong in thinking the Tigers would win, I cannot admit that the Giants were the better team.  Let's put it this way:  they were the luckier team.

The problem with the Tigers during the World Series was that they could not get the timely hits.  Of course, that would require them getting hits at all.  While I'm not going to analyze every bit of each game, one specific point I am going to talk about would be in game four. 

I think it was in the fifth or sixth inning where the Tigers had the bases loaded with only one out.  Quentin Berry just needed to get a long fly ball.  That's it.  It would have brought in one run, but would have brought Miguel Cabrera (one of baseball's most feared hitters this year) up to bat.  Sure, there would have been two outs, but it wouldn't have mattered.  Cabrera could have changed his approach and possibly could have driven in another run instead of simply popping out to end the threat and cost the Tigers a chance at getting back into the game.

Again, can't congratulate the Giants, but I can say that they were pretty lucky.  Too bad they couldn't just lose, though, since Aretha Franklin was supposed to sing the anthem at Game 5.  Why couldn't they have just asked her to sing at Game 4?  They were really positive.  Oh well.


Until tomorrow.

No comments: