Tuesday, October 16, 2012

See Dad Run

I heard about a new show on Nick at Nite.  It's called See Dad Run and it stars Scott Baio.  You know, Chachi Arcola from Happy Days or as Charles from Charles in Charge.  The funny thing is he still looks the same, with his baby face and his goofy smile.  The even funnier thing, is that I actually liked the show.

A rundown of the show:  Charles, I mean, Scott, plays an actor on a very successful television show that is ending its run after ten years.  With the show over, Scott decides it's time to return to his real family and enjoy the good life.  The good life is over very quickly, though, as his wife has decided to return to acting herself and leave Scott home with the family.  Naturally, hilarity ensues with several "fish out of water" scenarios and Scott attempting to quote his famous television show.  He even goes as far as defending his parenting skills by using episodes as examples of his abilities only to be shot down by every one.

Scott's children on the show seem real - not fake - and it looks as if each of them can be their own individual at the same time as being part of the family as a whole.  Scott's wife, Amy, also seems believeable as a mom who knows it all and though she has a taste of freedom, isn't sure she's ready to leave her husband alone with the children.

Of course, just like a normal sitcom, things get wrapped up in that last minute before the credits roll.  However, I think that this show will keep some things back in hopes of keeping the spark - and the show - going for a full year.

Though I haven't heard about Nick at Nite's plans for the show - meaning if they have picked it up for a certain amount of episodes or if it has been renewed or not, I look forward to enjoying the episodes while I can.

Take a look for yourself if you want to see Charles in Charge - Mid Life Crisis.  Wait, it's called See Dad Run.  Sundays on Nick at Nite.  Check local listings.


Until tomorrow.

No comments: