Monday, October 15, 2012

The Power of WE

Today, for some reason, is Blog Action Day.  I just heard of it today because of a different blog that I read.  However, I have a feeling that today's blog entry will not focus on the actual theme and spirit of the day.  According to the website, the theme, The Power of We, is meant to inspire bloggers to talk about a group of people that inspire them to create positive influences in the world.  On the blog that I read this morning about the topic, it was more a celebration of duos from television and movies.  Granted, these duos did inspire a lot of positive influence for the world, so I suppose it kind of counts, but I have a feeling that the true meaning of the theme is something a little more worldly.  Since I don't really think globally, I decided that the idea of my favorite duos would be good to write about.

Though I will list them here, they are in no particular order because it would take longer than I have for the day to compile an actual order of the list.  Therefore, I will just tell you about them.

R2D2 and C3PO.  Of course I would write about them because they are part of one of my favorite movies, Star Wars.  They are the comedy relief of the film but they also are what drives the plot.  Without R2 receiving the stolen plans, he doesn't attempt to find Obi-Wan Kenobi, doesn't find Luke, doesn't escape Tatooine and doesn't help the rebels defeat the Death Star.  Did I just spoil the movie?  If you haven't seen Star Wars by this point of knowing me, then we should just stop being friends.

Mickey and Minnie.  Also a natural choice because of my affinity for all things Disney.  Mickey and Minnie are the practical faces of the Disney franchise and are symbols of positive influence across the world (hey, look, I did actually find the theme of the day).  No matter what, Mickey and Minnie find ways to stay positive about all of life's events.  Of course, I've never seen them have to explain heavier topics that death, divorce or politics, but I'm sure there's a first for everything.

These are just two sets of duos.  Though I'm sure I could think of several others, I'm drawing a blank.  Is it the fact that I am being distracted by music?  Or the Internet in general?  It's what happens when I see something related to Star Wars and start looking up Star Wars information and then keep going from there.  Well, I suppose at least I got some of the theme, if not the original spirit of the theme. 


Until tomorrow.

No comments: