I watch cartoons. That's not saying a whole lot considering that I am still young at heart. However, the cartoons I watch are not really for children. For example, Family Guy. Definitely not for children. American Dad, The Cleveland Show, also not for children. The Simpsons can be for children because it's bright and sometimes funny but for the most part, all the jokes are geared for older viewers. And then there is the case of The Clone Wars. Two things that I enjoy: cartoons and Star Wars. How can it be any better?
The Clone Wars just started its fifth season and though it's uncertain just how long it will last, it just seems to get better every year. Though there are necessary constraints on the show (something like six movies and canon literature to contend with), they never seem to run out of stories to tell. Yes, I understand that in time, as the series is preparing to end, there will have to come some finality to some story lines, the most important of which is the fate of Anakin Skywalker's apprentice, Ahsoka Tano.
Am I getting ahead of myself? Possibly. For those of you that don't know, The Clone Wars takes place in the three years between Episode II: Attack of the Clones and Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. My statement at the end of the last paragraph, then, is valid because Ahsoka is not mentioned in any way in Episode III nor in any literature that I have seen, which means that her fate has yet to be written. Or, if it has, I don't know about it just yet.
That's not to say that the show should just end because they have to advance the characters to where they are just before Episode III opens - in my opinion, I'd like the show to go on several more years. I really think that the braintrust of the show and George Lucas need to discuss story lines and determine what else needs to be told and how long it might take. If it takes five years, great. If it takes one, so be it. It's a great show with great animation and great writing and I'm glad that I have been able to watch it in its entirety.
Until tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment