Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I Couldn't Resist

Having read this blog at least a few times, you will know just how much fun I like to have at the expense of others.  What's that word, schadenfreude? 

Anyway . . . when I saw this article this morning I could not resist wanting to write about it.  Before I show you the link, though, let's give a little background.

It's from England, so you know there's a chance that it might be something strange.  It involves children, but nothing physically harmful to them.  More like mental.  And inadvertent, really, not malicious at all.  Well, unless someone really wanted to pull a practical joke.

Here's the article.

For those of you not willing to click through and read it, I shall summarize in the next paragraph.

Apparently, at a local movie theater - I'm sorry, cinema - a group of children and parents had paid for a ticket to see Madagascar 3.  You can all see where this is going, right?  Well, they didn't get that movie.  They got something a lot worse and sadly, I think it's funny that it happened.  The movie that started playing was Paranormal Activity 4 (which won the box office this past weekend).

So how do you think one makes that mistake?  It's not like there are that many similarities in the names, though I suppose having a number in each of them could be so confusing.

Going back to the article, apparently a body was thrown at the camera (probably in a vain attempt at playing up the 3D imagery) which then sent the children into a tizzy, causing several of them to scream louder than their poor parents probably had heard them.  Of course, the children immediately started running for an exit, their parents attempting to catch them and get them back into a semblance of order.  But of course, that just didn't happen.

The cinema, for their part, obviously had to apologize and offered those affected by the incident and offer complimentary tickets.  The company even offered them the opportunity a chance to see Madagascar 3 a mere thirty minutes after scaring the crap out of them, which I do not have the accurate numbers for.  Let's just take a guess that less than fifty percent managed to see it the second time, even with a free ticket in their pocket.  I have a feeling that those children might be in for some trouble every time they try to watch a sequel to anything.


Until tomorrow.

No comments: