Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Update

So, here's the deal.  There are two days left in the month and with this one post, I'll still be four blog posts behind.  Will it happen?  Who knows.  I suppose, technically, I do.  But that's not the point.  The point is, will I be able to find as many things to write about in the short amount of time left in the month to fulfill my promise of thirty one blog posts in thirty one days?

Maybe.

Let's recap a little, because it's daunting even to me.  Several of the last blog entries have been related to March Madness.  This year it really is madness.  For all four of the number one seeded teams to have lost is unbelievable.  I'm sure it's happened maybe once or twice in the history of the tournament, but it's not something that happens every year.  Who is VCU, anyway?  Of the Final Four teams, that's the one that I know the least about.

Virginia Commonwealth University was founded in 1968.  Based on its name, I figured it was founded in the 1800s.  Looking over their website, they seem to be an impressive school, academically matching UConn, Kentucky and Butler.  But, having never even been to Virginia or Kentucky or Connecticut or Indiana, how would I know?

That doesn't mean that I don't want to go.  Each of these universities (based on what little I know about them) seems to have a great campus that I would love to visit.  I like visiting college campuses and going to their bookstores.  There's something about having a tee shirt to wear of some other college than your own, just to get people to ask you, "Hey, did you go there?" to which you can respond whichever way you prefer.  Technically, you did "go there" or else you wouldn't have gotten the shirt.  But did you really attend?  Sometimes it's just fun to let people think.

Alright, that's enough rambling for now.  Here's hoping for inspiration or excitement.  Or at least blog entries.


Until next time (since I'm trying to catch up).

No comments: