I know. I'm a little late to the whole Avengers party. Maybe it was better to wait because then I didn't have to wait in a long live and I got a really good seat. So I had to avoid talking to people about it because I didn't want it ruined. Of course, I already knew a lot of the plot because of my own knowledge of the Marvel universe so that wasn't that big of a deal.
I went into the movie already pleased by Iron Man and Captain America but not caring about about Thor or the Hulk. And while seeing Thor in this movie will not encourage me to watch his solo movie (even if Natalie Portman is in it), I was pleased with Mark Ruffulo's performance and even happier to hear that he had signed a deal to portray the Hulk in several other iterations.
The movie, while slow to begin with - mostly because they have to actually assemble the team - was still very good. I have read some people's opinion of the movie and how they didn't like it, but their reasons were silly. It's a MOVIE! It's supposed to be silly. It was nice to have some extra comedy moments to ease the tension.
I thought the movie was well done and even though there are some detractors out there I am not one of them. It was good enough that I'm almost willing to see it again.
Given the amount of stars that Joss Whedon had to deal with, I think he did a fantastic job. He told the story that needed to be told in order to bridge the gap between Iron Man, Thor and the Hulk and add a lot more to the Marvel universe.
Until next time
No comments:
Post a Comment