Thursday, September 2, 2010

In the Beginning......

It's the beginning of September.  From children going to Kindergarten for the first time, to teenagers heading to the rigors of Junior High or High School, and even older teens starting college, everyone starts something new, whether it's every day or just once a year.  And then, of course, there are those people that are not attending school that start something new as well.  It could be a new job, a new relationship or even parenthood.

Beginnings can be scary sometimes.  I recall leaving Arizona for San Diego to start college.  It was a little weird because I didn't know anyone at the school.  When I moved in, my roommate was a local student and therefore went home a lot, which left me by myself.  However, after a few days, I had managed to make a few friends and then the fear of being somewhere without knowing anyone was gone.

The feeling comes and goes for everyone and I don't think that anyone isn't afraid of new situations.  I'm all about living life to the fullest and having fun and that every new situation is an adventure ready to be conquered.  However, as I get older, I'm still all about the adventure, but I just have a little trepidation about things.  Not about being a father, if any of you were thinking that.  But just life in general.

To all those new students and old students, good luck - you're going to need it.  For the rest of us, find something new to do today.  And if you can't do it today, do it today.  What's that old adage?  "Don't put off til tomorrow what you can do today."  That's right.  Old and true.


Until Next Time.

No comments: