Saturday, September 4, 2010

I'm Not a Paid Endorser, But......

I have heard commercials for Audible.com for over almost a year and have not really paid any attention to it.  However, for some reason, last week, I actually did.  For those of you that don't know, Audible.com is a website that has several audiobooks for sale.  These are the same audiobooks that are found in libraries and stores and they have a lot of new releases as well.

What got me going to Audible.com and actually signing up for the free trial was that it offered TWO free audiobooks.  I like audiobooks.  Sometimes the narrator can be really good and it makes the story even that more interesting.  On books that I have already read, sometimes I can get a better insight into it by hearing it aloud.  Maybe a different inflection or tone than from when I read it, so it's really cool.

But I had access to millions of books.  How to choose?  Basically, it came down to books that I had never read before.  One choice was a Star Wars book (surprise).  It's called Death Troopers, and it's the first time a Star Wars story has been made into a horror story.  From what I've read about the book, it should be kind of fun. 

For my second choice, I decided on a book that I had been hearing about on a weekly podcast that I listen to.  The book is called Elantris, and while it is the first book of a trilogy, I figured I would get it anyway.  This is because I want to make sure that I enjoy it before giving into the entire trilogy.  If it's as good as I've heard, then I probably will, though I may not continue in the audio format.

Plus, Audible.com has several free books and previews of each book so you can get an idea of the narrator before purchasing the book.

All in all, my free trial has been fun.  I get to listen to two books that I may not have purchased, even though I have wanted to read them for a while, and I don't even have to pay any money.  Of course, if you decide to stay past the 30 day free period, you will have to pay $10 a month.  Not bad, because you get a free book each month, but then you end up paying for each book past that.

Well, it's you're choice.  I'm just giving my opinion.


Until Next Time.

No comments: