Note that I said, You Know Where, not You Know Who (Harry Potter reference).
The hotter, of course, is Phoenix, Arizona. How do I know this? Because I was out in it and I have a computer to tell me these sorts of things. Just look:
Today's high in Phoenix, AZ - a city known to be hot during the summer, especially in August, even during monsoon season: 105 degrees Farenheit.
Today's high in Rancho Cucamonga, CA - a city, like Phoenix, in the desert, that usually gets hot from July through September and sometimes into October: 107 degrees Farenheit.
What? Did I read that right? Was the temperature in California hotter than Arizona? On the same day in the summer? Is that possible?
Of course it's possible, but is it really probable? Yes. Remember, I said Rancho Cucamonga was in the desert. Luckily for us, we're not out in the Eastern California areas where I'm sure temperatures got into the 110s and higher. And a good thing we're not in Death Valley, where tomorrow's high is listed at 123 degrees. Yikes.
So what does this tell us? That despite living in California, I do not get to enjoy the "surf, sand and sun". In fact, if I were to spend most of the day outside in this heat, I would either dehydrate or wither away. I'm not sure which and I don't aim to find out. If you come to California on a visit and wonder what it might be like during the summer, expect a lot of heat, unless you are on the beach. It might be a little warm at times or a little cold, depending on the time of day, but it will be a consistent of either of those.
Don't forget your sunscreen and wear a hat. You might not want to cover up, considering it is California, but it will be better for you in the end because you might prevent all sorts of skin problems later down the line.
Until next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment