Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Rant About What Used to be a Great Store

I am talking, of course, about Target. It's not much of a rant, but it is a complaint. We went with the intention of registering for baby products and when I went to the person, she said that the ONE SCANNER was in use in the store and was also close to losing its charge.

Okay, first problem - ONE SCANNER!?!?!?!?!? for the entire store?

Second problem - LOSING ITS CHARGE?!?!?!?!?

Why is it that a large chain store like Target would only have ONE SCANNER for the amount of people that actually register for products from them? And not just Baby registries, but also Wedding gifts as well?

WTF Target?

If they were smart, they would have at least four scanners. That way, they could let a few out and keep one charging for the next person. And when the ones that were out were returned, they should be uploaded and charaged. Maybe they need a new system, like Babies R Us. Theirs uploads and charges at the same time.

Anyways...because of that fiasco, we had to setup the registry online and attempt to put items on it that we found in the store. However, some items are not available online and we'll just have to go to the store sometime and wait for the ONE FREAKING SCANNER!

Oh well. I suppose the store isn't completely to blame. They still have a lot of good products and I'm not willing to give up on the store becuase of this one mistake. But this better be the only mistake they make.

Until next time.

UPDATE: It turns out, after speaking with a friend of ours that is a manager at Target, that there are usually 9 scanning guns available, but that 7 of them were not working because of a recent software upgrade. Therefore, there were only 2 that day and one was out of battery. So, lucky us, we just happened to go on a day when everything was messed up. Oh well. It gives me some semblance of closure, but not enough. Thought I would let you know.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

UGH!!!! Cheeze Whiz!!! When David and I registered for our wedding we had some problems with the scanner too. I blamed David though. :) Maybe you should try a different Target. A different one may have more scanners. Who knows.Good luck!!