Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Pause In the Frivolity For a Lesson

Whomever might have have said that I never taught anyone of you (and I mean anyone that happens to read this blog) a lesson, then, my friends, your time has come.  I am prepared to impart on you the wisdom of the ages.  Wisdom that is known to many who do not apply it.  This wisdom was taught to me by the greats - so great are they that I cannot even write their names without the need to genuflect before them.  They have given me permission to offer these tidbits in this manner in hopes that all who frequent here will read, learn and understand.

The lesson is titled as such: Everything I Needed to Know About Life, I Learned From Broadway Musicals.

1. What do you do with a B.A. in English (Avenue Q)?
2. I want to be a producer (The Producers).
3. There’s no business like show business (Annie Get Your Gun).
4. It’s a hard knocked life (Annie).
5. When you’re a Jet, you’re a Jet from your first cigarette to your last dying day (West Side Story).
6. Money makes the world go ‘round (Cabaret).
7. Nothing gets you nothing, everything has got a little price (Les Miserables).
8. I don’t own emotion, I rent (Rent).
9. Brush up your Shakespeare and the women you will wow (Kiss Me Kate).
10. They say that falling in love is wonderful (Annie Get Your Gun).
11. Love changes everything (Aspects of Love).
12. There’s a fine, fine line between love and a waste of your time (Avenue Q).
13. Take me for what I am, who I was meant to be (Rent).
14. Because I knew you, I have been changed for good (Wicked).
15. Gray skies are going to clear up, put on a happy face (Bye Bye Birdie).
16. Forget regret for life is yours to miss (Rent).
17. Life is really up to you, you must choose what to pursue (Monty Python’s Spamalot).
18. Anyone can whistle (Anyone Can Whistle).
19. Anything you can do, I can do better (Annie Get Your Gun).
20. There’s a time when you know, you’re F***** (Spring Awakening).
21. Sit down you’re rocking the boat (Guys and Dolls).
22. I’m practically perfect (Mary Poppins).
23. When you’re good to mama, mama’s good to you (Chicago).
24. Luck be a lady tonight (Guys and Dolls).
25. Nothing lasts, life goes on, full of surprises (Avenue Q).
26. The sun’ll come out tomorrow (Annie).
27. Happiness is two kinds of ice cream (You’re A Good Man Charlie Brown).
28. Dream the impossible dream (Man of La Mancha).
29. There are giants in the sky (Into the Woods).
30. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious is very hard to spell (Mary Poppins).

Live by these lessons and you shall have a long and fruitful life.  Or at least a good laugh, which I hear is supposed to help you lose calories.

Until next time.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I laughed ... I cried ... I laughed ...