When it comes to this time of year, everyone starts putting out their lists of things that happened over the past twelve months. I suppose I could go through all of the blog posts that I've written this year (and there are a lot) and come up with some basic things that have happened, but then this blog would simply have fallen prey to the cliche list building of all other blogs. And since I'm not like the other blogs that are out there, I suppose I also can't be cliche. But you also wouldn't be reading this if you didn't want something, so here's a brief rundown of the year: I saw some movies, I kept watching television, I had fun with Abby, I ranted about some stuff and I'm sure there were other things, too. Oh yeah, I blogged every day for two separate months - and I know what you're thinking: "Professional bloggers have to do that already." Yep. And they get paid. That's why they're professional. Start paying me and I'll offer more information.
Let's see. Oh, I guess this would be where I put in the New Year's Resolutions part of the blog entry. I could say that I will lose weight, which I might, but I know it is something I want to work toward. Also, I could resolve to write more - not just blog posts, but stories, novels . . . etc. I could resolve to travel more and thereby forcing the previous resolution to come true since I would write about my travels. How about this for a resolution: I resolve to be the best me this year. If you don't get it, tough. Really, I just want to keep doing the good I'm doing and try to be better in all ways. A better dad, a better husband, a better sibling, a better son, a better employee and most important, a better friend.
Life isn't about the resolutions, it's about the adventure. And this is the great adventure (to borrow a line from Steven Curtis Chapman). Keep it real. Do your best and be happy and grateful for what you have because it could all disappear in an instant.
Keep checking back for more blog posts in the new year. I hope to break my current record next year. Stop by sometime to see how I'm doing. And don't forget to follow me on Twitter (shown on the left hand side of the page) for more random thoughts.
Happy New Year.
Until next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment