Saturday, May 28, 2011

Baby You're An Overplayed Song, Part 2

So, thankfully, the radio gods have managed to hear my request and stop playing Katy Perry's Firework so much.  This has been great on my travels because I'm not constantly changing the radio station to find one that was not playing that song.  However, it seems that the radio gods, in an effort to spite me, have decided on yet another Katy Perry song to start driving me crazy.  What is it, you ask?

Teenage Dream.

You know you know it.  You know you sing along when it comes on the radio.  You know how I know this?  Because I do it too.  It's annoying.  Not necesarily the song, but the fact that I can't help myself from singing along.  That is not a song that people should be singing along with.  In fact, Katy Perry should actually stop singing along to it also.

This is not to say that I dislike Katy Perry or her music.  She's a good person that somehow decided to "slum it" and marry Russell Brand and her songs are very catchy.  Too catchy.  Maybe I said all of this when I first wrote about her other song being overplayed, but it makes sense that I would possibly repeat it, since it is a Katy Perry song that has been getting on my nerves once again.  Oh well.  It's a good thing I have an iPod that I can play in the car that does not have either Firework or Teenage Dream on it.


Until next time.

No comments: