Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New iPhone!!!

I mean, Happy New Year! I'm sure that I said it last year, but I think that 2010 is going to be a great year. 2009 was good, but here's hoping that 2010 is better. I have a lot of plans in my head - nothing really solid just yet, but ideas and hopes and dreams, just like all of you, for the new year.

One of them is to get better at blogging. I have this blog and another one that I want to be better at writing. And I want to keep up on my writing. The story that I wrote TWO years ago, now (for NaNoWriMo), has been edited to the point that I am happy with it. I have submitted it to two different literary agents so far and have been turned down. However, I am not discouraged yet. I knew that the process could take a long time. Therefore, I shall just keep researching literary agents and hope that I can find the one that fits my story. Until then, I'll just keep praying.

As for other hopes, we'll see. It's a long year that zooms by pretty fast, but I think I can slow down enough to smell the roses. As Ferris Bueller said, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't slow down a little, you could miss it."

But wait, what of that title up there? Did I merely gloss over the mistake or what? No. You read it right, kids. I got an iPhone. Actually, Joanna said that it was her gift to me (to let me get one). Anyways...it is a really cool device and I have already downloaded several FREE apps just for fun. I've even made a few phone calls and used another app at the same time. I can't wait to learn more of the advanced functionalities of it, but for now, I'm happy.

I hope that you and your families have a safe and wonderful new year. Check back often and we'll see how well I do with keeping up with the blog.

No comments: