Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Man's Home Is His Castle . . . .

And, since you know I love castles, you know I'm going to love my new home. That's right kids, Joanna and I bought a house. It won't finalize for another two weeks, but we are 99% hopeful that nothing will go wrong between now and then. Of course, there will be things to take care of - minor cosmetic repairs - but we'll be able to do that.

We are definitely glad to finally have found a home. We started this experience in January and it's what, August, now? Yeah, it took that long. And that's with a "buyer's market" in our area. That term is such a crock. It's only a buyer's market if you're only talking about investors. And not just regular investors, but investors with CASH. Yes, cash. We had bid on four previous houses and were denied because there had been cash offers each time. It was discouraging, but we kept a small glimmer of hope that the house was out there for us. And now we've found it.

Now comes the fun part....moving. Packing. Cleaning. Oh, and spending more money to fix the minor things and purchasing appliances. Well, at least I'll have some new toys to play with.

Pray for our sanity through the process, as I think it might get unstable sooner rather than later.

No comments: