All of time and space. Wherever and whenever you want to go. Where do you want to start? -- the Doctor
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Playing With Blocks . . .
. . . . . Or not. Really, it's more irony than anything, but I'll get to that in a minute. I'm a writer that has run into a Creative Impasse. No, it's not Writer's Block. Well, it probably is, but I'm no longer going to call it that. It shall be called a Creative Impasse. And this Impasse is a bad one. Here's where the irony comes in. As a writer, at an Impasse, you would think that I shouldn't be posting anything on this blog. And yet, here something is being posted. Hence, the irony. Creative Impasse = blog post. Some math, huh? Now, it's not to say that I can just write anything. The whole "creative" part of the Impasse has been difficult. I have been unable to write anything with any sort of creative hold. I tried one thing, but I realize that it was very similar to Joss Whedon's upcoming TV Show. Not that I was stealing the whole thing (I did have my own take on a similar concept), but I didn't feel comfortable continuing for fear of someone coming after me in the future. Oh well. And any of the hundreds of other stories that I've attempted are still sitting in their same current states = unfinished.
So, because of this current Creative Impasse, I am going to finish this blog post. Good night and pray that my creativity comes back soon. Really soon. Or else you'll get a bunch of posts about nothing. But then again, I suppose some blogs are like that anyway.
Labels:
Writing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, a whole tv series ran for years and it was about NOTHING. Maybe you can create a story about someone who blogs about nothing and the comments he gets on the post. Just an idea. ~Nicole PS: How come you didn't splane to me my question?
Post a Comment